Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 9: Waiting to Pee. Again.

I wake up this morning all excited to take yet another surge indicator test and I'm extra happy because I totally have to pee and the directions tell you that the "first morning" pee is the one you want only they call it urine, not pee. So I pee on the little stick and the little readout is reading it and I set it down because it takes a couple of minutes.

And then I go into the kitchen and eat an grapefruit. Then I put the kettle on to boil. Then I try to scrub the muffin pan that I made mini-quiches in last night in last night. They egg is stuck to the bottom of the goddamned little muffin cups and curse myself for forgetting to put little paper muffin liners in the little cups, and then I remember I want to put in a load of laundry...Do you know where I'm going with this? If you have taken these tests, then you know that you have a small window of time when the readout is displayed and then it clears itself out and goes blank. Yeah. I remember the surge test and I run to the bathroom, and: blank.

Now I have to wait until I have to pee again and I totally don't have to pee right now and drinking more water just sort of dilutes the whole thing, so I have to wait for a real pee, not a forced just-drank-a-gallon-of-water pee. I'm am a huge, multi-tasking dork.

3 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, are there any things that you might eat (like poppy seeds in drug tests) that would give you false positives for surge?
    I guess it would have to imitate an estrogen signal (is that what is surging?) so probably not. But was just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOh, great question. I'll be spending a good chunk of time looking THAT one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, sorry. didn't really intend to give you one more thing to stress about.

    ReplyDelete


1st millennium B.C., Near Eastern fertility goddess